School of Vocational Technical 9
Steel Structure Technician
Trainees will be able to understand the following:
- Mechanical properties of steel.
- Structural analysis of steel frames :
- Delta and P-Delta Effects. Elastic vs. Plastic analysis, simplified vs. second order analysis, restrained and non restrained frames.
- Design of structural elements in tension and bending, shear resistance of cross sections, interaction between bending moments and shear forces, interaction between bending moment and axial forces.
- Classification of cross sections according to EC3, and determination of effective class for sections.
- Introduction to the study of composite steel concrete structures , behavior of composite steel-concrete beams , design of shear connection using headed stud connectors .
- Introduction & Safety Culture
- An introduction to pipe: usage, storage, measurements
- Plastic and steel pipe cutting and outer screwing
- Formatting steel pipes
- Fitting pipe accessories: Steel and plastics
- Skills of cutting , outer screwing, formatting, fitting and unfitting pipes
- Practical training on extending and weld fitting gas networks: main and sub networks
- Using Underground pipe fitting, maintenance under pressure
- Fitting main carriers
- Graduation project