School of Vocational Technical 9
Pipefitting Technician Program
Trainees will be able to understand the following:
- The characteristics and operations of valves, orifice meters, venture meters and variable area flow meters.
- Pressure loss through pipes and fittings.
- Custom designed for technicians’ \ undergraduate teaching.
- Pressure loss through pipelines, and fittings and flow rate relationship through different valve designs.
- The operation of flow meter and valves.
- Relationship between pressure drop, and flow through orifice meter, venture meter and variable area flow meter.
- Introduction & Safety Culture
- An introduction to pipe: usage, storage, measurements
- Plastic and steel pipe cutting and outer screwing Formatting steel pipes
- Fitting pipe accessories: Steel and plastics
- Skills of cutting , outer screwing, formatting, fitting and unfitting pipes
- Practical training on extending and weld fitting gas main and sub networks
- Using Underground pipe fitting, maintenance under pressure
- Fitting main carriers
- Graduation project